Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Computer Game Story


                                                Rise of The Dead

October 7th 2012, Judgement Day. No one knows the real cause to the outbreak not even to this day. Some say it was immigration that brought the disease here, some say it was Gods doing. I personally, couldn’t give a damn. This is my story on how the dead rose and walked the earth. My name, is Brandon.

October 7th 2012 9:00AM

“Calling all units! Calling all units, Please be advised we have a possible terrorist group located in your area please proceed with caution and remain calm when approaching the suspects, Look for suspicious behaviour in your area, I repeat, Look for suspicious behaviour in your area” Those words never left me and even today still haunt me from when hell had no more room for the dead. “Brandon its Carter! A suspicious suspect with a rucksack heading your way, Please proceed with caution, Carter out”.  My job was no ordinary job, catching criminals, thieves and all but tracking down and stopping possible terrorists? My heart kept skipping beats with sweat pouring down my face while my hand was by my side ready to holster my pistol. The adrenaline pumping through my body, I felt my heart was going to burst out through my chest. So hard to breath, I cant focus and remain calm I really feel like I will freak out and open fire, but I cant I must remain professional and remain to my orders on remaining calm. The target is getting closer and my heart is racing faster and faster. The target is with in inches of me and stares right into my eyes sending a cold shiver down my spine, the moment felt like time itself has slowed down for our eyes to meet. How do I approach this vigilante? How are we sure he is a suspect and not some random guy who just stared at me? Damn I need to pull myself together. So I decide to tail the suspect weaving in and out of the crowds of people until it began.


October 7th 2012 10:12AM

An explosion that I will always remember. Sirens blaring with smoke all over the city. All hell breaks loose citizens running in all directions. To late to remain order and keep things under control with a suspect on the loose. I had to do my job and try and bring order. “EVERYONE PLEASE REMAIN CALM” what was I thinking right? Terrorists just blew half the city up and I’m telling them to remain calm?. With the emotions running wild and the shock of seeing people burning, limbs everywhere and the screams of people in agony how can you think straight?  After this event once more another explosion goes off and from there on my mind is blank as rubble comes crashing down on me.


October 7th 2012 11:35AM

Moments pass and I regain consciousness waking up finding a dead women led on my chest taking most of the impact. I pull myself together but I’m left with a sharp pain in my chest from where the rocks landed leaving me with bruised ribs. After reaching the surface from the rubble I have witnessed hell itself. Buildings on fire, corpses and limbs lay all over the floor abandoned cars and an empty city. I remember a character in the distance shouting if she was ok. “Hey you! Excuse me lady are you ok?” the women turned around with half her face torn and burnt. “Jesus Christ, don’t move I’ll see if I can find a first aid kit in my bag. As I knelt down to open my bag the women approaches me trying to grab me. “Lady what has gotten into you calm down!” as I try to restrain the lady she tried to bite me so I had to take action and push her off to the floor. I didn’t know what got into her and why she was acting so hostile towards me. She got up so many times continuously that I had to lay the women to rest so I shot her in the chest. But here is the strange part, The round would of taken any person down even the strongest of men but she was still standing!. Round after round she kept coming. I seen sci-fi films before and this seemed just like the movies. I remember watching a film that in order to kill these walking crazies shoot them in the head. So I did. I took my aim, composed myself for a steady shot and pulled the trigger. I don’t know what caused this outbreak and how many others could be like this woman. Hopefully I wont have to bump into anymore along the way. But after shooting her, it didn’t feel like shooting a human. The strangest part of it all is that I enjoyed it.


October 7th 2012 3:03PM


I have been travelling for what seems like days the city is overrun with flesh eating crazies. I have named them “walkers” simple name seeing as they don’t run. Currently roaming the streets getting a bit tired, still suffering from pain in my ribs and chest. Don’t know if I can walk much longer. No I think I need a rest. This spot under the bridge seems safe enough. Might just rest here for a while.  I felt myself loosing consciousness again, trying so hard to stay awake but my eyes hurt from fighting it. I cant sleep here I’ll die if I sleep here. I couldn’t fight the tiredness and gave in; I started to doze off when suddenly I have a gun pointed to my head. “Stay where you are, hands by your side”. I felt my own heart in my throat and said calmly “look sir you don’t want to do this, I’m a friendly, I am no harm to you” the shady character holsters his gun and introduces himself. “I’m Raiden, and your in my area, suggest you leave here its not safe for strangers like yourself…Officer” Relieved that my life was spared I wanted to know whats going on and he reckons it had something to do with immigration. “It’s those damn immigrants isn’t it damn those Mexicans should of known they had something to do with this” I don’t tolerate racism but could the Mexicans be the cause of this problem? Did they carry some sort of virus and got through the boarder? Seems like crap to me but I’m hardly going to argue with a guy that pointed a gun to my head now am I. “Hey Raiden, I’m heading south to see if I can find any survivors. Do you fancy coming along? Could do with some support and some extra fire power” Raiden hesitates but gives me an answering after thinking things through. “Yeah sure ill go with you. But on wards into the city there are a lot of zombies and we need to get over the bridge” relieved that I have someone by my side makes me feel more relaxed than I was but I am still not one hundred percent sure if I will class him as my friend. Cant forgive people that easy putting a gun to your head can you, Specially a damn police officer.


October 7th 2012 5:21PM

After an hour of walking with Raiden he seems to be quite friendly and fun to talk to. From a short space of an hour or two we have learnt quite a lot from each other. Who was to know Raiden had a little girl. I think maybe that is why he decided to join me. He wants to be reunited with his daughter. “Raiden how old is your daughter?” Raiden stops in his tracks and looks at the floor with a tear trickling down his scarred face. “She would be 8 now today” the silence was killing me not knowing what to say to him till I openly said. “Raiden just because you’re not with her right now doesn’t mean she’s not safe. Have some positive thoughts and you can get through this” Raidens eyes lit up as he smiles looking at the floor and mumbles something faintly. I could tell his daughter meant the world to him just by the looks in his eyes and how he reacted to her being mentioned in conversations over the time of travelling together.
Raiden pulls out his gun and whispers “Walkers” I pull out my gun from my holster and take aim looking down the sights we spot 6 walkers. I don’t know to either walk around them or go straight on ahead. “Raiden take the left we will cause a distraction and take them one by one. Hopefully the noise will confuse them giving us enough time to take them all out”. Raiden lowers his head and runs off to the left in position waiting for further commands. Steadying my pistol and holding my breath I prepare and take the shot laying one walker to the ground. I hear some grunts coming from Raidens side and shouting “Raiden behind you!” Raidens eye’s open wide and shake side to side in horror as the zombie lunges towards him taken him to the floor. Struggling to set himself free from the zombies grip Raiden gets bitten on the wrist. “Raiden!!!” I take aim and shoot but the gun becomes jammed. I throw the gun on the ground and kick the zombie off Raiden. I pick up the closest object to me using a cement block to crush the zombies skull repeatedly over and over repeatedly till I knew for sure it wouldn’t get back up. I rushed to Raidens aid to see if he is ok. “Raiden are you ok? Can you continue?” Raiden holds his would and patches himself up with a cloth torn from his shirt. “I’m fine, just a little cut nothing serious”. I noticed Raiden was in abit of pain but respected his wishes on wanting to carry on south.


October 7th 2012 7:00PM

Raidens condition is getting worse, his words are starting to slur and he mumbles to himself not making clear sentences and dramatic change of temperature changing from hot to cold. I ask again if he is ok and if he wants to stop but he becomes very hostile with words towards me, which I don’t want to repeat. I think he might have picked up a infection spreading through his body making him weak but I don’t have anything to treat the wound. Moments later a loud shriek above our heads crackles like a static sound begins making a report. “Citizens in the city…We…help…we ca…elp… get… the…boat… I ... get to the… the city… wi… be…I repe…bombed! 21:00 Hours” Raiden and I looked at each other in horror and start running onwards to evacuate the area as fast as we can heading south but Raiden collapses and screams out loud. “Raiden! Stay where you are” After approaching Raiden he stops moving. For the first time, I felt like I lost someone close to me. Weird as it is, but we shared so much in common, both men, lost in a city wanting to escape and be united with family. We were like brothers. My heart sank to my abdomen, I froze with no emotion I just stood and stared at his lifeless body. I felt helpless. It was my fault this happened to him. If I could of just took the shot he would have been fine. But no, I couldn’t even do the simplest of tasks and protect a friend who watched my back throughout this whole damn journey. He was a determined man who fought to the end of reaching his goal putting others first than his own life. He was a man who had a goal, who wanted to be re united with his little girl. I took that away from him, because of me. Because of me! His little girl won’t see him again… because of me “ Raiden… I am so sorry… please forgive me…”


October 7th 2012 8:18PM

Only forty minutes till the city is destroyed. As I climb over the hill I can see in the distance the rescue boat. Climbing down the hill I notice as I climb down someone I recognise. Could my eyes deceive me? I recognise that rucksack and shifty looking man anywhere. Suspect located. The person behind the entire terrorist attacks. The main cause of this outbreak is this man standing in the distance before me. I set trail behind him tailing him hiding in and out the trees to prevent detection. I look closely and see a man in a white lab coat holding a brief case containing some capsules. I can vaguely hear what they are talking about. The scientist says “I got the biohazard” the suspect smiles and responds “well done glad I can count on you, your duties are over” to my surprise the suspect whips out a pistol and blows away the scientist in cold blood and says “I no longer need you now, but thanks for working with me”. I had to act fast and now! I pulled out my gun firing several rounds towards the suspect hitting the brief case out his hands. The suspect returns firing round after round skimming past my head feeling the cold wind of the bullet passing through my hair. The adrenaline is pulsing through my body like electricity the feeling, I feel invincible! I open fire once more hitting him in the arm sending him to the floor screaming. I empty the magazine pulling a fresh magazine and cock back the gun throwing the old magazine to the ground. I approach the suspect and ask him what the case is. He laughs in my face and spits at my chest. Outraged I grip his shirt pressing noses screaming for answers in his face. “TELL ME WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PLANNING ON DOING WITH THIS?!” the suspect slowly answers coughing blood and gasping for air “The…virus…su..per…weapons…bio…weapons. Another rac… like …Gods…I could of made…a super army… to late… there ar… mor… on…” the suspects words become to faint to understand, shaking him repeatedly to wake him to answer the last sentence the suspects heart stops pumping. I search the briefcase to find the capsules broken. With a relief I turn around and a horde of zombies are walking towards me in there hundreds. I am completely out numbered and forced to run. I run as fast I could down the hill and trip twisting my ankle. I get up hoping and stumble again due to the balance. I open fire on the zombies but the zombies are gaining in numbers. I can see death standing next to me laughing at me holding out his hand to me. I shake my head clenching my fists I embrace the pain and continue to run ignoring the clicks and snaps in my ankle I run as fast as I could. Jets fly over my head heading towards the city dropping off napalm and bombs. I feel the tiredness catch up to me and feel like giving in to death. I look to my right and death is pointing towards his watch handing out his hand. I open fire on what I thought was death and jump towards the boat, I miss my grip and hang from two hands. The grips of my hands became looser as my hands begin to sweat. I am almost there! I am just inches away from salvation and I do not have the energy to pull myself up! I can do this I will not die here; I won’t die here, I WILL NOT ALLOW IT. I shout with aggression to help myself up but slip again holding on with one hand dangling over the ocean full of zombies reaching up. I cry for help and seconds away from death I loose my grip. My life before me flashed in an instant. Is this what death is like? As I fall a hand descends to grab me as I lye hanging a voice says “HANG ON I GOT YOU!” I hold on with all my remaining energy and land safely on deck. I regain my breath and thank the man who saved me. I noticed as I arrive on deck the man had a cut on his arm. I asked him how did he get his cut “oh this, just a little cut nothing serious” now where have I heard that line before?

No comments:

Post a Comment